You have a new blog and you want it to be read by thousands of people. But how to get them to read your blog?
For start you must have some posts. Search engines and people must read something on your blog. So if you don’t have content add some before start promoting the blog.
Remember if the content is high quality people will talk about your blog to others. This brings your blog extra free traffic.
So start promoting the blog.
1. Let search engines know you exist. The idea is to get the search engines come and index your site.There is a free service that submits your blog in 20 search engines. All you have to do is to choose the desired search engines where you want the blog to appear, write the url and a valid email address. You may submit from Freewebsubmission.com.
2. Submit your blog to blog directories. Submitting to blog directories will help you increase the number of visitors, your page rank and your search engine position. Submit in as many blog directories as you can.Just search on any search engine for blog directory.
3. Submit your blog to general and niche directories. Submitting general and niche get a better search engine position and will increase the number of readers for your blog. For directory submission you can use a software tool that automates the process and save weeks of work. You can gat a free trial for the software from submiteaze.com/index.jsp?aff=137.
4. Submit you feeds to Rss directories. Submit your blog to all of the directories listed at rss-feeds-directory.com/blog_lists.html to get extra traffic.
5. Use social bookmarks. Adding social bookmark links to your blog makes it easy for your visitors to save and share your content. There is a free tool to make social bookmarks: toprankblog.com/tools/social-bookmarks.
6. Use Article Directories. Article directories can be a great resource for articles to post on your blog. Here are a few: ezinearticles.com, goarticles.com, knowledge-finder.com, informit.com/articles. 7. Start a press release campaign. When you have enough content on your blog you can start the press release campaign. You will find a lot of press release distributors just using a search engine.
8. Place the link and description of your blog in your signature. So that any posts to forums, outgoing emails, auto responder courses will promote your blog.
9. Locate blogs with a lot of traffic and place useful comments in their comment box. Be sure the blog and your comments are relevant to both your blog and theirs. Senseless posts won’t help you, they’ll hurt you.
10. Use ping services. Pinging will alert different search engines that your blog has updated. So the crawlers will come and index your new post. They crawl and index your site and your blog gets more visitors. The ping tool that I recommend is autopinger.com. Remember to make a blog post as often as possible. More than once a day is not really necessary.